Netflix’s New Releases in August 2017
Watching movies and TV shows in the leisure of your home is the best remedy for a boring weekend. Beat the queue for popcorn and watch the latest hits with the help of the magic genie called Roku. Keep your Roku devices up to date by constantly checking if there are any updates available for software and firmware. This way you will not have any disturbances while streaming your favorites. Netflix has been in business for long enough to judge the viewers taste and always brings shows loved by a huge majority. Netflix new releases in August 2017. There are some titles that we may discuss but throughout the month there are always more titles added.
- Highlights of August 2017
- Netflix Originals (New)
The Defenders is perhaps the biggest highlight among the many Netflix Originals coming next month.
It’s perhaps the biggest show on Netflix ever to release Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist team up together against the hand. The product and service are of many years of buildup. In the middle of the month, another eight episodes will be coming.
A debut we will see this month is the controversial movie Death Note. Another anime series is getting a Western adaptation, not for the first time, that could lead to some upset, naturally.
Regarded as the best, two Dreamworks shows will be getting updates.
The following new seasons will be available by the end of the month:
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Voltron: Legendary Defender
- On August 1st Netflix will be adding quite a bit for the Wachowski back-catalog that also includes the entire trilogy of The Matrix. When it first launched in 1999 the first movie, in particular, was ground breaking. Even today, it is one the best-rated sci-fi movies of all time.
- Cloud Atlas is a mind-bending drama that spans five centuries and each member of the cast has multiple roles through the years.
- The Founder is a great pickup by Netflix this month. With superb acting by Michael Keaton, the movie retells the story of how one of the biggest fast food chains came to evolve.
- Netflix will be releasing A Cinderella Story on August 1st and Arthur and the Invisibles on August 13th to keep the kids busy over the summer holidays.
TV Series (New)
- For third party TV series, August is quite a weak month, especially when compared to the recent months. The biggest addition this month with the latest season is Once Upon A Time. One of the most requested in recent months to be added to Netflix this ABC series continues to be one of the networks biggest hits.
- Ted Danson and Kristen Bell are starring in The Good Place, which is an NBC drama that will make its debut early in the month on Netflix.
- Additional episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are arriving for season 7 for the kids and probably a select few adults too.