You can use the Roku TV Screen Mirroring feature when you want to display the content from your phone or laptop on to your TV. The feature replicates or mirrors content from a compatible Windows or Android device that is wirelessly relayed into the TV. Send web pages, videos, photos, music, and much more to your compatible Roku streaming player or Roku TV with screen mirroring. First set up and enable the feature on your Android or Windows device to use the feature. Thereafter, request a connection to your Roku device. You can see your mobile screen on your TV, once a connection is established and even control it from your phone or tablet.
Note: Unfortunately, the Roku screen mirroring does not support Apple or iOS devices.
Roku TV Screen Mirroring from the Android device
There are many models of Android devices available in the market. Therefore, it might be hard to determine whether a particular device indeed supports screen mirroring. If your Google device is running on OS 6.0 or newer such as a Nexus or a Pixel or if your Android is running on the 4.2 version, then these gadgets are most likely to support screen mirroring.
Different terms for screen mirroring
Note: When describing the feature, manufacturers might use a different term.
Some of the frequentexpressions used for screen mirroring are Smart View, Quick Connect, Cast, Wireless Display, Display Mirroring, HTC Connect, Screen Casting, and Cast (to name a few). Look and identify any of these terms used by the Android device manufacturer. If you find any of these, then it means that the device is compatible with screen mirroring. Go to SETTINGS and then select CONNECTION and then the DISPLAY OR NETWORK submenu.
Screen mirroring the Windows Device
- Depending upon the version of the windows you are running on your device, you can perform Screen Mirroring on Roku. If you are using Windows 8.1, then you should use MIRACAST to project your display.
- First, get all your devices ready.
- Then to complete the connection, you must add the wireless display.
- Tap DEVICES from the right side of the screen and then click on PROJECT.
- Thereafter, tap on ADD A WIRELESS DISPLAY..
- Follow instructions on the screen after choosing your list of devices for wireless display.
- Go to the action center and click on CONNECT.
- Select your ROKU DEVICE From the list of wireless display and audio devices.
- Thereafter, just follow whatever guidelines appear on the screen.
- Checking if the Roku supports mirroring.
- Go to SETTINGS first and then click on SYSTEM and then click ABOUT to check if mirroring is indeed available on your player.
Most of the newer generation Roku devices support screen mirroring.
If you are using a Roku Express then you should have the 3900 model and if you are using the Express + ensure that you are using the 3910 model. Even then in the Express + only the HDMI output supports screen mirroring and not the composite A/V cable output.
Note: Ensure you enable screen mirroring on your android device or windows 10 to enjoy the Roku TV Screen Mirroring.
To know more about Roku TV Screen Mirroring, Roku account setup or Roku activation call our toll-free number +1-820-300-0360