Best streaming player- Roku streaming stick VS amazon fire stick
Roku streaming stick and Amazon fire stick are two style media streamers. You can enjoy your favorite videos, TV shows and a lot more on both these streaming devices. To know which one is the best, you can read through this blog.
Roku or Amazon- which is the best (design, spec, and compatibility)
Find some of the design and specifications, compatibility of Roku streaming stick VS amazon fire stick below
- The design of both the devices is more or less the same.
- It takes the form of a dongle having an HDMI port on one end.
- You simply have to insert in into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Roku is in bright purple color and amazon fire stick is matte black in color.
- Color doesn’t matter as you will insert it to the back of your TV and it will be out of your sight.
- Both the devices cannot draw power from the HDMI port.
- So you should connect both the devices to the TV’s USB port or to a Wall mount USB power charger to power them up.
- Roku streaming stick uses a micro USB and Amazon fire stick uses a normal USB.
- You don’t have to keep them connected to USB’s all the time.
- They can work on their internal batteries as long as they drain out.
- Connect it to the USB to recharge the batteries.
- You can find more information on Roku Support in their official website
- Compatibility of both the devices is more or less similar.
- They both support array of devices
- It includes those running with any OS like the Android or IOS.
- Both devices uses alpha numerical codes for activation like Roku code link
UI and OS:
- As you can see most of the physical characteristics are similar for both the devices.
- They both differ when it comes to the software and UI.
- Roku streaming stick has its own OS.
- This provides the user with a modular UI which makes it easy for the user to use it.
- Modular because even though they have more than 1000+ channels, users don’t have to browse through the entire content to look for what they want.
- You will find a selected amount of content already installed with your device.
- Rest you can download it from the Channel Store.
- The Firestick, on the other hand, runs on an Android OS.
- It has a custom HTML 5 based skin.
- Find each genre in various size tile formats.
- You can also find a list type menu on the screen allowing you to search what you want.
- Roku allows you to customize the channel placement.
- But Amazon doesn’t allow you to do that.
- Roku remote uses RF for its remote control
- For people who love fiddling with buttons, Roku remote is the best then.
- You can also use Roku android and IOS app as remote control.
- Amazon also comes with a physical remote.
- It also has apps for both Android and IOS devices which again you can use as a remote.
- Navigating through the channels with physical buttons are much easier and Roku’s buttons make it easier
- Both the devices are traveling friendly.
- Due to its size and connectivity, you can carry it where ever you go
- You simply have to plug in into a TV and you can watch your entire video library
- You only have to have Wi-Fi access to use these devices.
- However, most hotel rooms provide you with Wi-Fi access.
On comparing both the devices they are more or less similar in all the specs and features. But when it comes to cost efficiency Roku’s streaming stick wins it hands down. Roku’s streaming stick is comparatively cheap and offers nonstop entertainment for a cheaper rate.