Add Channels to Roku
Enjoy streaming channels from various categories with the Roku streaming player. Roku is a one-stop destination for all the entertainment lovers. The device is home of multiple channels from various genres like movies, TV shows, sports, news, infotainment, kids special and many more. However, to add channels to Roku on your channel list, it is important to create a Roku account and link the Roku account with the Roku streaming player using the Roku activation code.
Types of Roku Channels
There are Three Types of streaming channels available in the Roku Channel Hub.
- Roku Free channels– The Roku free channels do not need any subscription charges for streaming contents.
- Roku Paid channels – These channels need a cable provider or a TV service provider for streaming. The subscription charges depend on the channel you want to stream.
- Roku Private channels – These are non-certified channels which have to be manually searched with the help of channel code.
Three ways to Add Channels to Roku
Once you are done creating the account and linking your Roku account with the Roku streaming player, you are free to add your favorite streaming channels. However, you can add the channels in three different ways on your Roku streaming device.
Add Channels to Roku player
Follow the below steps to add Roku channels to your Roku devices.
- Sign in Roku account and visit the Roku home screen by pressing the Roku home button on your Roku remote controller.
- Browse through the Streaming Channels option, tap the option and the Roku Channel Store will pop up on your TV screen.
- Thereafter, visit the Search Channels and hunt for the channel you want to add it to your Roku channel list.
- However, you can go through the channel details you want to add by pressing the OK button with the help of your Roku remote controller.
- After clicking the Add channel option, wait for few seconds for the channel installation. However, if it is a paid channel, you will be navigated to accomplish your purchase.
Using Roku Mobile Application
- Firstly, Add channels with the help of the Roku Mobile App which is available for free on Android and IOS tablets and mobile phones.
- Visit the Google Play Store or App Store depending on your mobile version and install the channel effectively.
- Thereafter, open the Roku app on your mobile device and search and locate the channel you want to stream by browsing through the channel categories.
- Make sure to sign in to the Roku account before carrying out the channel activation.
- Lastly, select the Add Channel option for adding the channel to your Roku streaming device.
Add Roku Channels from Website
- Start signing in to the Roku account with the correct login details after visiting the Channelstore.Roku.Com.
- Thereafter, search for the Private channels by navigating through the Roku streaming channels categories and tap the Add Channel button.
- Once you are done with installing the channel, successfully complete the channel activation and enjoy streaming.