How To Fix Various Roku error codes
No matter how good the plan, none is fool proof ! And so it goes for the gadget world; No matter how good the gadget, none is error free! So here we try and explain few of the very common errors that might hinder the performances of your Roku device, and we’ll also give you a hand to help figure out the solution!
You can Fix Various Roku error codes to enjoy uninterrupted streaming
Roku Error Code 001:
Error 001 deals with the logging in issues, and simply means that your Roku device is unable to connect to your Roku com link account. Please follow the steps below to solve Error 001 :
- Go to your Roku Home.
- Press fast forward, and then press rewind.
- When prompted, please allow the software update.
- After the updation, attempt connecting to your network, wired or wireless.
- Once connected, the error message shouldn’t pop up.
- If it does even after the software update, please reset the settings and restart your TV.
We sincerely hope these instructions help. If not, please get in touch with us so we’ll figure out a way to tackle the issue!
Roku Error Code 009:
Error code 009 simply impairs your gadget’s network seeking facility, where you are unable to find your network listed on the devices found networks. Here is what you can do to solve this:
- Disconnect/Switch off your device, be it TV or Computer that’s attached with Roku for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, switch off your Roku device too.
- Please take immense care while entering your network module’s password.
- If at all the problem still persist, call us so we can help you!
Roku Error code 011:
Error code 011 is generated if your Roku account is not in sync with the Roku. A simple remedy to this is switching the Roku device off and then follow the instruction given by the gadget itself, on the screen when you switch it back on. If there are issues still after the process, please follow the below instructions.
- Go to the setting menu and click on the “Network” option.
- Please repeat your setup process. If at all you have doubts with regards to your setup, let us know so we could help you!
- Choose your network from the available list of networks.
- Go ahead and connect to your network and enjoy your Roku device!
Roku Error code 014:
Error code 014 pops up when your Roku device gets disconnected from your network module, be it wired or wireless. If you haven’t set your connection up, that would be the ideal thing to do. If you have already done that, follow these steps.
- Unplug and plug in the internet modem in your Roku device.
- Following the setup process and setting up your Roku devices internet module, in case you missed a few steps in the first attempt.
- While doing so, please specify if your connection is a wired one, or not when prompted.
- The error should be resolved if the steps are followed. If not, let us know, and we’ll help you!
Roku Error code 003:
This is a usual result of your Roku not being able to update its software, despite having the net connection required. The reason for this software update malfunction could be any of the following reasons:
- Your Firewall could be blocking Roku from updating it’s software.
- DNS error.
- Outdated Software update or Incompatible device.
- To fix this, you can
- Reboot the router
- Reset the TV to which Roku is connected
- Disable Firewall, or change settings.
- Try and do a manual update via USB
- Try updating the Software through secret screen –
- To connect your Secret Screen, Home button X5 followed by Fast forward X3 and rewind X2.
- After doing this, click OK when prompted under ‘Update Software’
- If issues still persist – go to Startup Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command prompt and key in ping 184.108.40.206 and reset your device.