Turn on a Roku TV Without a Remote
Do you need to know how to turn on a Roku TV without a remote? Make use of this article to troubleshoot your remote. Some Roku TVs have a standard IR remote while others have an advanced remote. Follow the steps according to your remote model.
Troubleshooting a standard IR remote
- Avoid hindrances in the path between the www Roku com link remote and the Roku media player
- Place the device facing you and not away from you
- Check the batteries on your Roku remote
- If they are empty, replace them with new ones. If they are full:
- Try repositioning the batteries according to their polarities if they are full
- Check if the remote is operational
- Keep the device at an optimum distance from your place of control
Note: Install the Roku app on your mobile device and use it as a remote. With the app in place, you now know how to turn on a Roku TV without a remote
Troubleshooting an Advanced remote
- Check if the remote and Roku are paired to each other
- Follow these steps if it is not paired,
- Open the battery compartment on your remote
- Long press a small button and point the remote towards the Roku device
- Restart both the remote and the Roku to complete the pairing process
- Check if the pairing is compete by controlling the streaming player
- Restart the Roku and the remote to refresh the settings if it is paired
- Verify the status of the batteries on the remote.
- Operate the remote at a good distance from the device
- Also, check and verify the Roku setup process
Using the Roku app
Use the Roku app to turn on a Roku TV. Follow the below given steps to download and install this app on your mobile or desktop:
- Search for and identify the Roku app on the respective app stores of Android and Apple devices
- Then, select the DOWNLOAD link found next to the app icon
- Launch the app and go to the REMOTE section
- Make use of the interface of this app to control functions of your television set.
To know more about roku streaming stick setup click here.
For Info read How to Watch New Cartoon Channels on Roku