Roku activation code not Working?
Do you know what a Roku activation code is and why it becomes necessary to use the code? The Roku activation code is the initial link code which is used for activating your Roku device. Only when the activation is completed, you will be able to stream your favorite movies, music, and TV shows.
This activation link code is displayed when the TV is powered on, and when the device is connected to the TV. We have listed these instructions to get your device easily activated.
- Visit the Roku site from your web browser.
- Keep the device connected to your TV. Switch on the TV, and look for the Roku code that flashes in front of the TV.
- Copy the code that is displayed on your TV, to your web browser.
- On clicking submit, the device is automatically linked.
- You also have the option to select the channels you want to link to your account.
- At the top of the device, you will find the My account option at the corner. Here, you can view your player’s serial number under the linked devices section.
Is Your Roku activation code getting stuck ??
Sometimes you may find yourselves in a position where you will be stuck on a single page for a very long time. This may occur due to the following reasons,
- You are being impatient and not giving time for the device to load
- The Roku player might be downloading or upgrading the software
- Your internet connection may be jumpy
In case you find this problem even after troubleshooting the above-mentioned causes, then you are in dire need of some expert help.
You might need a new Roku activation code
There are many circumstances where you would need a new activation code when your code expires before usage, or if you are unable to use the www roku com link, you will have to opt for a new customer again. A code becomes expired when there is huge time interval taken to authorize a device after the code is generated. Sometimes the code is generated, but it cannot be viewed on screen. Follow these steps to generate this code and link it to your account successfully.
- Make sure that the TV is on while trying to generate your code. If your TV doesn’t display the code, switch off the TV for few minutes.
- Switch off the Roku player and switch it on again.
- Enter the code in your web browser to successfully link the account.
- Login to your Roku account to check if the account is linked. You can check it under the Linked devices.
- In case, the serial number does not appear, wait for few minutes for the link code to be updated. If it still doesn’t appear or If the link code is rejected, use the help section to generate a new Roku code.