How do you Add and Remove Channels on Roku?
The easiest way to add channels to your Roku Player (Roku channel activation) is via the Roku Channel Store. When you encounter a channel that you find interesting and want to download, follow the instructions below:
- Select “Add channel” and approve the selection.
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for security purpose.
- Likewise, repeat this step for any other channels you’re interested in.
Once you’re done, press the home button to exit the store.
How to remove installed channels? (Roku channel activation)
The simplest way to uninstall a channel is from the home screen.
- Home screen has all the added channel, to remove any unwanted channels from the menu please press the * option from your remote.
- Choose “Remove channel” and also press “OK” on your remote to confirm the deletion of the channel.
- Repeat this process for any additional channels you would like to remove.
Subscription-based channels can only be removed after your subscription is discontinued
Removing Installed Channels via the Channel Store:
- On the home screen, select “Streaming Channels” on the menu.
- Choose the channel you would like to uninstall and select OK.
- Select Installed Channel option which will display in the right-hand side.
- Click Remove channel and verify the selection when prompted.
Note: You cannot remove channels at the Roku.com link.
Adding Private channels:
To add Private channel to your Streaming Player, please follow instructions provided below:
- Navigate to my.roku.com and log in to your Roku account.
- Select “Add a channel”.
- Enter the code you received from the channel developer.
Within 24 hours you should be able to watch the channel on the Roku player’s home screen and to view it in “My Channels” in the Roku Channel Store.
Note: Because these channels are available as “private”, they may not suit for everyone. Roku does not provide support for these channels.