Use Roku Device Outside the US
Roku is one of the sought after streaming brands owing to the quick, reliable and cost-effective features. One of the major concerns which users resort to is the non-availability of Roku content outside the US. Here we have an informative article guiding you on how you can set your Roku player to stream American content, from anywhere around the globe!
A US Roku account is necessary to stream content irrespective of your location. Another important reminder is to fake your location when you get to location-based apps like Hulu Plus and Crackle. However, by using the Unlocator service, these issues can be fixed.
Follow these steps to set up a Roku Box Outside the US
- Get a free Unlocator Account.
- Enable your router to use Unlocator services by following these steps.
- Restart your router.
- Navigate to account home on Unlocator
- Check if you have three green check marks enabled for your account.
- Get your Roku box disconnected from the Internet.
- Go to your account and set US as default location
- It is quite tricky to form your Zip codes, but ensure you have US Zip codes from your credit card. For example, US locations have 5 digits.
- Choose factory reset option for your Roku device from the Home screen.
- After setting up the device, reconnect it to the network.
- Stream and enjoy Roku US content!
The Unlocator service expertly hides your location, making the apps assume you are located in the US while streaming the device. Just enable Unlocator service and stream content with no geographical barricades!
How does Unlocator work?
Unlocator is a DNS service which does not block content expertly from US-based apps like Hulu and other popular services. It makes you look like you are in the US, with your Roku account. The service also displays location checks, which lists you at a US location, also ensuring good internet speed simultaneously.
Can you use the DNS to unblock more than a single Roku Box?
All you need to do is have a device that actually supports Unlocator service. The settings in Unlocator service will also have to be checked for enabling the service. Currently, you can use this service with your browser, Android, PlayStation 3, IOS devices, Xbox 360, Smart TV and WD.
Always change the networks settings on your router. Changing the settings will also unblock the devices connected to the access point. Usually, the Roku players don’t allow you to change DNS directly on the machines, hence the DNS settings will have to be changed through the router.