Roku Voice Search
Get tech-savvy and stop typing in your search queries. You could instead make use of the Roku voice search to find your favorite movies or music videos. Besides, there are other great enhancements to this feature in the latest OS 8. So, let’s have a look at the benefits of using the voice search feature.
Benefits of the voice search
- Keying in the search query through the Roku remote can be a little time-consuming. Save time and make use of a voice search to find content quickly.
- You can use conversational tones to search for content. For example, such say “I wish to watch Game of Thrones Season 7”, and it will automatically fetch channels that telecast the show.
- Open channels by giving commands such as “Open Netflix” or “Launch Hulu”.
- Besides, you can also give specific commands such as “Watch comedies on Vudu” and the voice search will fetch the most relevant content.
Which devices support voice search?
Only a few Roku devices are accompanied by a voice remote. These devices include:
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick Plus
In case you don’t have a voice remote, then you can very well download the Roku mobile app. This Roku app is currently compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices. The application has a voice search feature that also allows you to control other features on your streaming player.
How to use the voice search on a remote?
The voice search remote can be identified using the magnifying glass button. This is generally found in the middle-left corner of the remote. Follow the below-given steps to complete the voice search using a remote.
- Turn on the TV and the Roku player and ensure that the Roku is connected to the internet.
- Also, pair the Roku device with the voice search remote before beginning the search.
- Once you complete pairing, hold the SEARCH button on the remote and give a voice search query.
- Release the button and wait for the search results to appear on the TV screen.
- Select the desired channel and proceed to stream the content.
How to use the voice search on an app?
Before you begin, make sure you download and install the official Roku app on your mobile device or tablet. It is currently available for both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch the app and navigate to the HOME SCREEN menu on your mobile device.
- Go to the SEARCH box and select the MICROPHONE symbol found in the right corner of the screen.
- Give a voice search query in a conversational tone and wait for the results to load.
- Select the correct channel and begin streaming right away.
In case, the search did not retrieve any results, then try speaking slowly and clearly once again. If you need help in using this feature, then visit us at https://www.rokuactivationcode.com or give us a call at +1-844-943-4357.