Roku streaming stick features
You are about to learn about one of the best streaming devices in the world. We say this because, the Roku streaming stick features are the best in class. It can stream online content, local channels and is also portable. What more do you need from a streaming player? Not to mention that it has decent streaming quality and is very light weight. In comparison to its competition, it has the widest online content library, in the name of the channel store. So here’s an in depth analysis of its technical and other special features.
Technical features of the streaming stick
- The device connects to your TV via an HDMI out port which also powers the device
- The streaming stick has a powerful 600 MHz processor that buffers videos at a decent pace
- This Roku com link player, however, streams only HD videos. And you may have to upgrade to a Streaming Stick Plus if you are looking to stream 4K or HDR content.
- There is an additional micro USB IN port that can be used to power the device. This is when the device does not get enough power from your TV set.
- And the next set of features to be take into consideration are the RAM and internal storage.
- The streaming stick has an internal memory of 256 MB and has a 512 MB RAM.
- Do not be deceived by these numbers as the streaming speeds are definitely better than these numbers.
Other features that make the Stick stand out
- You can stream more than 4000 legal channels from the Roku channel store. Apart from this, you also have access to thousands of private Roku channels that can also be added to your device.
- Most of these channels are available free of cost with some costing you a few extra dollars as a subscription fee.
- The Roku remote helps you define the device’s settings and also a key factor for navigation.
- In case this remote does not satisfy you, download and install the Roku app on your mobile device.
- Connect it with your roku com link account and make use of top notch features available only on the app.
- Some special features include the voice commands, private listening and point anywhere.
How to activate your streaming stick?
Now that you have a fair idea about the Roku streaming stick features, you need to know how to activate it. Everything happens in the www roku com link website.
This is where you can create a roku com link account and link the Stick using a roku activation code. Not sure, which link to use for activation? Make use of the roku com link enter code menu that is present in the home screen of your account. You are now set to start streaming with your Roku streaming Stick.