Stream Winter Olympics 2018
Are you game for this year’s winter Olympics? Since the events are taking place in PyeongChang in South Korea, you need to make arrangements to watch them live. A Roku streaming device will be your best bet to watch all the fun. You might also need to subscribe to the NBC Sports channel to stream the Winter Olympics live in the US. So grab this great opportunity to watch the games live on your Roku.
What are the events lined up for this year’s Winter Olympics?
The PyeongChangis hosting several sporting events under various different categories and some of them include,
- Alpine Skiing
- Cross-country skiing
- Figure skating
- Ice hockey
- Ski Jumping
- Nordic combined
The competitions have been scheduled to take place between the 8th and 25th of February. Besides, there will be a closing ceremony on the last day to announce the country that will be hosting the next Winter Olympics.
How can you watch these events on your Roku?
There are three official channels that broadcast the Winter Olympics live in the US. They are NBC Sports, USA and the Olympic channel. You can purchase the NBC Sports channel as a stand-alone channel or subscribe to a cable service such as DIRECTV NOW or Sling TV. Now let’s have a look into which channel package offers the NCB Sports channel and what it will cost you.
- You must choose the Live a Little package from DIRECTV NOW to be able to stream the Winter Olympics.
- This will cost you around $35 per month and you can stream both NBC Sports and the USA channel.
- To get the Olympic channel, you must, however, choose the Go Big package that has a subscription fee of $60 per month.
- Similarly, the Sling TV offers the NBC Sports and the USA channel for a cost of $25 per month under the name, Blue
- In case, you already have a subscription for the Sports Extra package, then pay just $10 extra and stream the Olympic channel.
- And you can get the CNBC for an additional $5 if you are under the News Extra
- Another option open for Roku users is the PlayStation Vue which offers a $40 per month access package for its users.
- You will be able to stream the Winter games live via the following channels,
- In order to get the core package, you will, however, have to pay an extra 5 dollars.
- The core package is the only package that offers the Olympic channel for US viewers.
Hulu with live TV
- Hulu too offers the live TV feature that allows Roku users to stream the ongoing Winter Olympics.
- The subscription cost for this is around $40 per month which includes other movies and on-demand content.
- You must enable the live TV feature on your Roku to watch the games without any disturbances.
How to add the channel and enable the live TV feature on your Roku?
In case, you are not interested in subscribing to the above channels, you can add the NBC Sports as an individual channel to your account. Here is how you go about in adding the channel and enabling live TV.
Add the channel first
- First, complete the initial setup if you have a brand new Roku device
- Update the software, firmware, and OS of your device if necessary
- Then, get an activation link code and activate your device
- Visit your Roku account to complete the activation process
- Use the LINK A DEVICE menu to add any number of devices to a single account
- From the list of channels currently streaming on Roku, you can choose the NBC Sports channel
- Then, go to the ADD A CHANNEL menu option
- You will now be redirected to another page where you must enter your payment info
- The channel should automatically be added to your account
- Consequently, the channel will also reflect on your Roku device
- Go to the My channels section to verify this addition
- Otherwise, repeat all steps from the beginning
You can enjoy live TV streams once you enable the corresponding settings on your device.
Live TV feature
Make use of the following steps to activate the live TV feature for your Roku streaming player.
- Connect the Roku to a wired or wireless home network router
- Use an Ethernet LAN cable or, a Wi-Fi to finish this setup
- Before you begin, ensure that all devices are turned ON
- Next, navigate to the My Channels menu and, select the channel using the arrow keys on your remote
- Press the OK button to access the menu specific to this channel
- On the channel’s home screen you will find the Help and Settings menu
- They are located at the bottom of the page
- Then, open the channel settings and, access the Activate Live TV choice
- Once again, make use of the arrow keys to complete this navigation
- Check if you are able to watch the live stream of the channel
- Otherwise, you might have to repeat all the steps right from channel addition
Thus, you can complete the activation of the live stream feature. You can now watch live sporting events from the Winter Olympics 24/7 on this channel. If you require any help for channel activation or Roku activation call us at +1-820-300-0360 or visit our website at www.rokuactivationcode.com