Xfinity TV app for Roku Customers
This is a Beta Trial!
- The Beta version of Xfinity TV app was recently available for Roku users in the U.S. Now, what does this mean to Xfinity TV customers?
- You now have more choice in accessing programs that area part of their cable subscription!
- This app makes it possible for Xfinity TV clients to see a variety of programs. These include local broadcast, public and government channels, and recordings from their DVR. Additionally, they can stream from Comcast’s private network, on their Roku streaming devices. It also comes with personalized recommendations, guide with graphics and detailed information for thousands of movies and TV Shows!
- The app allows customers to use and explore the beta Roku Channel. It has better performance, additional features and functionality in relation to Comcast. Therefore, users have a smooth experience with this app.
- The beta version of the app is available on the Roku Channel Store. Previously, it will work on Roku TV’s and Roku streaming players until about 2013. Then, it also began to support other streaming devices from Roku. They are the Roku Express (and+), Streaming Stick 3600, Roku Premiere(and+), Ultra, and models Roku 2, 3, and 4.
- We are also looking at expanding support for additional Roku players throughout the Beta version.
- The Xfinity TV official app launch will be in the year end. Therefore, we are looking forward to people to try out the new app. Now you can enjoy the choice and flexibility in accessing their Xfinity cable subscription on their Roku device.
Why you need a Roku account?
There are many reasons why you should have a Roku account. First, activate your devices with a Roku account. Then, add channels with the account. Similarly, remove channels using the same account. Finally, manage all your Roku devices under one roof with the account.
You need an account to activate roku in the first place. Therefore, follow the below given steps,
- To begin with, sign up for a new Roku account in my.roku.com website
- Here, supply your personal details such as name and email address
- Also, set a unique password for this username
- Then, set a PIN and also set a preference for it
- Next, setup payment info such as credit card or PayPal account details
- Finally, submit the form to complete the account creation process
- After creating the account, you can complete the roku streaming stick setup
- First, navigate to the LINK A DEVICE menu to activate your new or old device
- Second, go to the streaming channels option to add or delete channels to your account
- Similarly, perform various other actions using this Roku account
- Find the Xfinity TV app for Roku Customers.